Hank’s Balanced Salt Solution (BZ261)
This Buffer Solution is only used in the field of scientific research and For in vitro use only.
Pack Size: 100 mL, 200 mL, 500 mL, 1000 mL
Validity: 6 months
Transportation and storage: transportation at room temperature, storage at 2-8 ℃.
Hank’s Balanced Salt Solution
Hank’s balanced salt solution (HBSS) is isotonic solutions used to maintain osmolality and pH in biological applications. HBSS include glucose and sodium bicarbonate for short-term maintenance of cells outside of the growth medium. These buffers also come in a variety of formulations, including with or without calcium/magnesium and with or without phenol red, so you may customize the appropriate buffer depending on your application.
Hank’s Balanced Salt Solution Features & Notes:
1. Hank’s Balanced Salt Solution is a sterile solution and can be used directly.
2. Hank’s Balanced Salt Solution, stored at 4 degrees, transported at room temperature.
3. This Hank’s Balanced Salt Solution is limited to the scientific research of professionals, and cannot be used for clinical diagnosis or treatment, and cannot be used for food or medicine, and cannot be stored in ordinary houses.
4. For your safety and health, please wear a lab coat and disposable gloves.
- Hanks’ Balanced Salt Solution, a saline solution used to keep the osmotic pressure and pH in cells
Hanks’ salts is a collective group of salts rich in bicarbonate ions, formulated in 1940 by the microbiologist John H. Hanks. Typically, they are used as a buffer system in cell culture media and aid in maintaining the optimum physiological pH (roughly 7.0–7.4) for cellular growth. Due to their poorly reactive nature and small concentration in solution, Hanks’ salts are mainly used in media that are exposed to atmospheric conditions as opposed to CO
2 incubation. Performing the latter drastically exceeds the buffer capacity of Hanks’ salts and may result in cell death.
Biochemazone offers a diverse selection of Artificial fluids for the testing & Diagnostic of various diseases in Vitro laboratory and Research. Check out our various state biofluid inventory to see what’s ready to ship today.
For a custom request, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org