Artificial Phlegm or Simulated Phlegm (BZ296)
This simulated fluid is only used in the field of scientific research and For in vitro use only.
Pack Size: 100 mL, 200 mL, 500 mL, 1000 mL
pH is 7.4 (can be customized on the request as per the customer’s project requirement)
Validity: 6 months
Transportation and storage: transportation at room temperature, storage at 2-8 ℃.
Artificial Phlegm Features & Notes:
1. Artificial Phlegm is a sterile solution and can be used directly.
2. Artificial Phlegm, stored at 4 degrees, transported at room temperature.
3. This Artificial Phlegm is limited to the scientific research of professionals, and cannot be used for clinical diagnosis or treatment, and cannot be used for food or medicine, and cannot be stored in ordinary houses.
4. For your safety and health, please wear a lab coat and disposable gloves.
Phlegm is a type of mucus produced in the lungs and lower respiratory tract. It is most noticeable when a person is acutely sick or has a longstanding health condition. Mucus forms a protective lining in certain parts of the body, even when a person is well.
Your body constantly produces mucus and phlegm to help protect you from infection and prevent your internal tissues from dehydrating. Though they’re always at work, you typically only notice the sticky substances when you’re sick.
Mucus and phlegm are similar, yet different:
- Mucus is a thinner secretion from your nose and sinuses.
- Phlegm is thicker and is made by your throat and lungs.
Both work as part of your immune system. They trap particles you breathe in through your airways – including viruses and bacteria. Each day your body makes about 1.5 liters of them — even more when you’re fighting infection.
Mucus and phlegm are made of water, antibodies, enzymes, proteins, and salt. They carry dead cells, dust, and other debris from the nose and lungs.
When you breathe through your nose, 80 percent of particles are filtered through the mucus lining. Tiny hairs called cilia in the nose and lungs to move mucus and phlegm toward the throat
Biochemazone offers a diverse selection of Artificial fluids for the testing & Diagnostic of various diseases in Vitro laboratory and Research. Check out our various state biofluid inventory to see what’s ready to ship today.
For a custom request, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org